The Commerce Bank of Oregon Business Credit Group
An Alternative Solution To Conventional Working Capital Financing
To deliver innovative working capital solutions, supporting your business and helping you achieve full growth potential.
To offer a flexible source of funding that provides available capital for growing or transitioning businesses, in various industries, often as a bridge to conventional bank financing.
About Us more
The Commerce Bank of Oregon, a division of ZB, N.A., through the Business Credit Group of its affiliate Amegy Bank, also a division of ZB, N.A., is a leading provider of working capital finance throughout the U.S. Amegy Bank Business Credit (ABBC) has offices located in Texas, Colorado, Utah, California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon and Washington with experienced relationship managers who serve businesses nationwide.
Since 1998, ABBC has operated as one of the largest business credit providers in the United States, and has the ability to fund transactions up to $50MM. Our management team represents over 100 years of combined credit experience in the accounts receivable financing sector.
ABBC is respected for its stability, strong client relationships, and high levels of customer satisfaction. We deliver a simple and easy cash flow vehicle to enhance your ability to obtain working capital financing.
What is Factoring? more
Factoring is working capital financing provided through the discounted purchase of qualified accounts receivable, typically offered to rapidly growing companies or businesses in financial transition. The factor purchases eligible invoices from a completed service or accepted product.
How does the process work?
- Invoice issued by client to customer
- Invoice is sold to ABBC
- Cash is used by client for growth, payroll, and/or other expenses
- Invoice pays through client's lockbox at ABBC
- ABBC receives payment
- Client receives reserve amount less ABBC fees
What if I'm already factoring?
- Great, so you understand the product and basic process. Would you be interested in hearing how CBO may be able to offer you a better structure and price with a bank managed factoring facility?
Isn't factoring expensive?
- It certainly can be more expensive than traditional bank financing but for the additional flexibility, frequently it is a trade-off that many companies are willing to make. Plus, it is viewed as bridge financing (a 6-36 month solution on average).
What if I already have an existing line of credit?
- If you have an existing line of credit and you are happy with the structure and line amount, you should not look at making a change.
What if I don't want my customers to know that I'm factoring?
- Much of our contact is transparent to the customer. We will need to have invoice payments sent to the client's lockbox at ABBC and notification is made to the customer regarding the payment redirect. We also verify a certain percentage of outstanding invoices. This can be done via portal, email, or phone call. Every situation is different. Plus, having a Bank managed working capital facility may give a business more credibility with its customers.
What if I don't want to send my checks to a lockbox?
- Our customers actually prefer using our lockbox as we handle their invoice collection paperwork and all the information is available online virtually wherever/whenever they need to see it.
Companies and Industries Serviced more
- Service Companies
- Wholesalers / Distributors
- Government Contractors
Business Challenges more
At The Commerce Bank of Oregon, we recognize that business challenges sometimes create non-traditional banking needs. In these situations, a more aggressive source of working capital financing may be the answer but also may be difficult to find. Through the Business Credit Group at our affiliate, Amegy Bank, a division of ZB, N.A., we look at the following challenges as opportunities to explore creative funding solutions for our customers and prospects:
- Newly formed, early stage
- New large orders
- Owners with limited net worth and/or damaged credit
- High debt or inadequate company net worth
- Leveraged or management buyouts
- Turnaround or restructure
- Unhappy with existing factoring or asset based lending relationship
- Payroll tax issues or liens
- Bankruptcy (DIP)
- Non-compliance with required loan covenants
- Inadequate existing revolving loan facility
- Loan facilities anticipating decline
- Inadequate advance rate
The Commerce Bank of Oregon Business Credit Advantage more
- More than 100 years of combined business credit experience
- Oregon and Washington based institution, through the business credit group, providing same day funding for qualified clients*
- Unlike many other business credit providers, your funds are federally insured
- Our program is designated to provide competitive client pricing
- Flexible program compared to many big bank structures
- Advance rates up to 95% of the invoice amount
- No exit fees with 60 day notice and no long-term commitments
- Bridge financing that may provide groundwork for a traditional bank facility
*Subject to credit approval. Terms and conditions apply. See a specialist for details.
Success Stories more
Learn more about how the Business Credit Group has provided credit financing to various industries across the country.
Correspondent Banking more
Contact Us more
For Conventional Working Capital Financing and to start the cash flow process, you may contact us using the following:
Jonathan E. Schuster
Senior Vice President